If I'm writing a typical user manual, my preferred solution for pagination
overrides is to float tables and figures. Floating rarely produces pagination
problems--that's the main purpose of floating, as far as I can tell. I give
tables and figures numbered titles and I'm careful to cite each one in the text,
whether by Xref alone or with an explanation of their contents, so that the
reader can find it (floating is an option for tables but not frames, so I put
all graphics in tables).

Some clients are uncomfortable with floating. They insist that the table or
figure must appear directly before or after the text to which they refer, but
I've never had a user complain about it. Floating moves the table only a page
away.

= Mike Bradley
  www.techpubs.com