> I'm having trouble using the Save As PDF feature. Here is the relevant
> version information:
>
> Windows Vista
> Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.0
> Framemaker 7.0, unstructured

According to the following document, FM versions before v8.0 are not
supported with Vista.:
http://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_vista.pdf

Also, could your problem be related to the location of your Distiller
.joboption files? Acrobat 8, puts them in a different location than previous
Acrobat versions, but FM 7 came out before Acrobat 8. So it still looks in
the old location. You have to copy the .joboption files to the spot where FM
7.0 looks. Acrobat 8 puts them in "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings" and "C:\Documents and
Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings." I forget where
previous Acrobat versions placed the files. Perhaps someone else will chime
in.

Mike Wickham