Adam Schweitzer wrote (in part):
> Goal:
> In the process of converting several documents from paper to framemaker
> documents, a large number of (rather randomly placed) "discretionary
> hyphen" characters were inserted (probably by the OCR software). I
> cannot seem to select these characters for use with the find/replace
> tool in Framemaker, so my idea was to convert to .mif, remove all
> instances of <Char DiscHyphen>, and then save back as FM. This appears
> to be successful, subject to my concerns above.

Searching for the escape code "\-" (a backslash followed by a hyphen
without the quotes) didn't work?  That's the standard code for typing a
discretionary hyphen in plain-text dialog boxes.  See Appendix A of the
FrameMaker User Guide for a full list of dialog box codes for special
characters.

-Fred Ridder