On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:23:01 +1300 (NZDT), "Alan Litchfield" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

>When importing multiple files into a new FM 8 book the files are entered in
>precisely the reverse alpha-numeric order according to their file names.
>
>They have been named "Sect n1 Chap n2.fm" so that each section is comprised of
>more than one chapter. They are followed by Preface.fm, Glossary.fm,... that
>get added in that order.
>
>What needs to be done to change the order so that they are added in ascending
>order, rather than descending?

You are dragging them from an Explorer window, right?  Try
reversing the name sequence in Explorer by clicking on the
Name header before you select them.  When I do that here, I
get them added to the book in the same order as in the
Explorer window, regardless of how I select them (click/
shift-click or multiple ctrl-clicks).

HTH!

  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://www.omsys.com/