-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Combs,
Richard
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 4:09 PM
To: Scott Penney; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: missing fonts after changing computers;customize
maker.inifile? Can't find ini file

Scott Penney wrote:

> Following the "Customizing" pdf manual and advice I've received on
this
> list, I was attempting to locate the maker.ini file (for FM 7.1) to
change
> the font specs (the manual indicates the path
> UserProfile\ApplicationData\Adobe\FrameMaker\7.0). Looking under
Program
> Files\Adobe\FrameMaker 7.1, no maker.ini file is evident. I've also
run
> searches with no results. Any ideas?

Did you see my response from yesterday afternoon? Here is the relevant
portion again:

---------------------------------------
The main maker.ini is right where it's always been -- the FM
installation folder -- and that's the one you probably want to make font
mapping changes in. There's another one for your personal settings, but
it's mainly for things like window sizes and positions, recent files,
etc. "UserProfile" is a variable referring to a specific user's
"profile" data, the location of which depends on the Windows version.

This is all explained on page 1 of the Customizing manual under the
heading "Locating customization files." There's a table there that shows
you where UserProfile is for each Windows version.

Are you saying that a search of your hard drive turns up _zero_
instances of maker.ini? I don't think that's possible with a functioning
FM install.

But I could be wrong. It happened once before. ;-)

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.