Jack Molisani wrote:
> I like that FM can make a backup copy of files, but I don't like the backup
> files cluttering up the same folder as the source files.
>
> Is there any way to specify where FrameMaker 7.0 should create the backup
> files?
The "backup" files aren't really backups. Once you understand what they
actually are it will become clear that they can only exist in the same
directory as the working source files.

The "backup" are actually the last saved version of the file but with a
new, secondary filename extension. When you select the "Automatic
backup on save" option, all that FrameMaker does when you do a Save
is rename the previous version of the file with a .bak extenstion rather
than flagging it for deletion by the OS. The "backup" is therefore always
one save behind the working file unless you go to the extra trouble of
making FrameMaker let you do two consecutive saves. If you save
frequenty, the differences between the .bak and the workng file may
not be major, but the .bak will *always* lack the last set of saved
changes.

-Fred Ridder