Frame 7.2 on WinXP

We are doing some work where I am getting book files from the writers and
converting them from one template to another. Book files consist of chapters,
text inset files, and graphic files that are referenced. The conversion itself
is a piece of cake. However, there is a problem with the xrefs becoming broken
because the directory structure on the originating writer's machine is
different from mine. However, both the writer and I maintain the same relative
paths between the book file, text insets, and graphics. But when the writer
copies the converted files back to his machine, the xrefs are broken.

I know that there is some way to avoid having the broken xrefs, but I cannot
recall how to do it. Does it rely on having the relative paths having the same
name? Please advise.

Emmy Aricioglu