Hi Doug,

I recently solved the exact problem for a client using FrameScript. The
script does the following:

1) Backs up the book components.

2) Converts the specified cross-reference formats to plain text.

3) Restores the backed up components, thus restoring the cross-references.

It all happens in seconds. If you are interested in a solution like this,
please contact me offlist. Thanks.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267