From: dave.reyno...@tait.co.nz [mailto:dave.reyno...@tait.co.nz]
Sent: 11 December 2008 20:20
To: Jo Watkiss
Subject: Re: Book file > PDF problem

Hi Jo

I still have Frame 6 installed (alongside Frame 8).  The option to print
one file or individual files does appear on the FM8 print dialog, but
not on the FM6 dialog.  I used FM 6 for years and had no problems
producing a single PS file from a book.

Just a thought, but do you still have a FILE: port installed on your PC?
I have come across a few situations where the FILE: port disappears,
which means you can't produce a PS file to distill to PDF.
This link will take you to Adobe's instructions on how to fix this:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=331115&sliceId
=1

I just found my notes about this.  The FILE: port on a colleague's PC
disappeared after she installed Acrobat 7.

Cheers

Dave

Jo Watkiss wrote, on 12/12/2008 5:53 a.m.:
> I had a look in the Frame print dialogue but can't see an option to
print a single file or separate files - maybe this is something
introduced later than Frame 6.0?

> I have found a work around though - which is to print to file
targetting a different printer (ie. not Adobe PDF) - and then running
that file through distiller.

You may have the Separate File for Each Document selected.

> I don't understand the links not working because they always hve for
me when I have Separate Files selected.

can't print a book file to a single pdf.

> 'Print to file' doesn't work, and using Acrobat's 'Adobe PDF' just
produces a separate pdf file for each file in the book (with
cross-document links broken).

> What am I doing wrong? I'm sure this ought to be possible.
>
> TIA
> Jo Watkiss
>
> Frame 6
> Acrobat 8
> Win XP Pro
> Disclaimer    http://www.watkiss.com/terms.htm
> This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed.
> Any views or opinions presented are solely that of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Watkiss Automation Ltd.
> If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
> If you received this email in error please notify Watkiss Automation
Ltd on telephone +44 1767 685700.
> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/dspreadb%40yahoo.c
> om
>
> Send administrative questions to listad...@frameusers.com. Visit

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/jowatkiss%40watkis
> s.com
>
> Send administrative questions to listad...@frameusers.com. Visit
> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/dave.reynolds%40ta
> it.co.nz
>
> Send administrative questions to listad...@frameusers.com. Visit

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Dave Reynolds                         Phone: (64) (3) 358 1029
Senior Technical Author               Fax: (64) (3) 359 4632
Tait Electronics Ltd                  Email: dave.reyno...@tait.co.nz
PO Box 1645
Christchurch
New Zealand

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be the
subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by
reason of this transmission.
apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no other
act on the email.
Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been  altered or
corrupted during transmission.