Hi Alan...

1) It does seem a bit slower than FM8 (which was slower than FM7.x, and
so on), but not bad at all.
2) As far as I know, all of the keyboard functionality is still available.
3) Saves to FM8 (document) and FM7 (MIF)
4) I'm not sure what you mean about the per license cost. In order to
deploy a Help system using AIR, you'll need to invest in a digital
certificate ($200 to $300 USD), but that's all. The AIR technology is
open source and freely available (you can download the AIR and Flex SDKs
and build your apps).
5) Yes!
6) Not sure .. ?

Cheers,