You can manage that too by setting the size and offset by
experimenting with the size and offset percentage in Format > Document
> Text Options dialog box. Try changing the size of Superscript to 70%
and the offset to something that will not change the line height. Just
remember that this will affect the whole document for everything that
is in Superscript.

Bodvar

2009/1/27 Callie Bertsche <c.berts...@tecplot.com>:
> Thanks Art and others who replied! Such a great solution. It does drive
> my page count up (I wish there was also a way to make the footnote
> number itself not as "super" of a superscript in line with the text),
> but definitely a relief to easily fix the problem! How could I have
> missed that little checkbox.
>
> Callie

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.