Hi Rose...

Sorry to have not responded sooner.

If you're on FM7.1 and want to start messing around with DITA authoring,
you can use our free version of DITA-FMx (supports FM7.1 and 7.2). The
0.0 version of DITA-FMx provides you with structured apps and some
sample files and will let you get into DITA authoring in Frame. It
doesn't offer all of the features that are in the 1.0 version of
DITA-FMx (but provides more authoring features than you'll find in FM8).

When you do get FM8 up and running, you might want to check out DITA-FMx
1.0 which provides integrated access to the Open Toolkit plus lots of
nice authoring features. If you're using DITA-FMx (any version) you can
email us for help.  :)

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice