One of the main advantages of Art's suggested method should be that your
strings will contain less building blocks.

Since you are using <$chapnum> we know you are not using FM5.5 or earlier,
so your strings are likely overly complex.

For instance, your t: series will not require placeholders for all sections
and figures. The same holds true for your Sections (s:) series and your
Figures (f:) series.

They all will only need building blocks for the related sections within the
series.

It's a double bonus...less errors and less confusion!

-Matt

Matt Sullivan
GRAFIX Training

m...@roundpeg.com
www.roundpeg.com
Office 714 960-6840
Cell 714 585-2335

skype: mattatroundpeg
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grafixtraining
facebook| plaxo

Click to tell me the social media sites you belong to