I think Stuart's diagnosis is spot on.

Taking it a step further, you can check for multiple flows by going to
the Master Page that you use to open the chapter, selecting the text
container(s) and right-clicking, then selecting properties.

If the containers are both A, then it's likely someone modified the
master page at some point by adding a second container for the chapter
title... adding a second container would place it after the existing
container in the search order, as Stuart points out. If this is the
case, you can break the connection between containers, and then reform
it in the correct order.

And if the second container is in a flow other than A, you can
re-assign it to A and set the connection correctly.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campb...@gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.