Another solution to avoid pasting random fonts and formats into Frame is set
your ClipboardFormatsPriorities in maker.ini (either the user copy or the
system copy). I believe the following setting will do the the trick:

ClipboardFormatsPriorities=UNICODE TEXT, TEXT, FILE, OLE 2, EMF, META, DIB,
BMP, MIFW, MIF, RTF

Although I personally removed OLE2 from this list because I never want to have
to deal with it--there are probably others as well, but I'm not sure about all
the formats listed.

But I like the idea of PureText, it sounds like it will solve the issue of
FrameMaker's internal paste buffer retaining paragraph formatting that I don't
want in the destination paragraph. Like Paste Special > Text, but faster.
Here's a link to a previous thread on this list:

  http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/2007-March/007038.html

Karen Robbins wrote: "Also working on ways to get co-users to use character
styles (more) correctly."

My solution to the "rogue formatting" was to customize the menus and toolbars
(and command shortcut definitions) to remove the ability to do so. Instead, I
have many ways to access the catalog of character and paragraph tags, ensuring
that only formats from my templates can be applied. As a side benefit, my
FrameMaker menus are now decluttered.

Hope that helps,

  Andy

ak...@jaspersoft.com