Hi all,
  RE: Merging books

The situation:

I have a client who has a large number of FM (7.2/8) books. From amongst
these books, there are two particular sets of books, as follows:

Set #1. Two books having about 50 - 60% identical content  (each book is
~100 pages)

Set #2. Four books having about 10% identical content  (each book is ~80-100
pages)

(No particular connection between the two sets of books; just presenting the
situation.)

Now, the client would like to merge each of these two sets of books so that
each set combines the identical material. E.g., for set #1 above, either the
two books should be combined and the text partitioned by conditional text
controls, or maybe the two books should be kept separate but the identical
part should be maintained in some sort of outside, third, common component
or "book" (or whatever such a thing would be called), and then when you have
to publish one of the two books, you would be able to include in "on the
fly" the common, identical component.

Same for set #2.

Questions:

1. What mechanisms does FM provide for constructing merged solutions for
each of these two sets of books?
2. Which mechanism and methodology are recommended for each of the two sets
of books?
3. How long should I estimate it would take me to perform merges for each of
the two sets of books?

TIA

- avi