David Spreadbury wrote:
> Not to beat this horse much further into the ground, but why would I place a
> callout to an item in a graphic outside the frame containing the graphic?

Well, in my case, this is an example of an FM noob expecting a behavior
learned in other tools to work in FM.  If one can place objects on a
virtual page through whatever means, why not be able to select them all
and easily group them together?   It works in X, it works in Y, so ...
why should I have to put things inside a certain dotted line to make it
work?

I really like FrameMaker, but there are many "intuitive" things that
just aren't so to someone starting out.  That's why I read the Help,
open some books, and ask people on this list.

Thanks to all.