Thank you to those of you who responded privately.  After much
troubleshooting, thinking (and it probably still is) it is an Adobe PDF
driver issue (weird font spacing occurs when the Adobe PDF driver issue is
set as the default in FM), it turns out that clearing the Pair Kern check
box in Paragraph Designer resolved the weird Corbel font spacing issue.