If you import the PDF pages into anchored frames in the FrameMaker file, and
save it as an RTF, the pages from the PDFs are preserved in the resulting
Word file. Of course, if you import the PDFs directly onto the FrameMaker
pages (and not in an anchored frame), they don't export to the Word file. If
you have a lot of multipage PDFs or they contain many pages, you could use
FrameScript to automate the importing into FrameMaker and the saving as RTF.
If you are interested in automating this, please contact me off list. Thank
you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
r...@frameexpert.com
www.frameexpert.com

http://www.frameexpert.com/peace/

I'm trying to crack an old nut again. I've got a Word doc into which I want
to import many PDF documents. The issue is that most of these documents are
multiple page PDFs.  When I import (as object, from file) one of the PDFs
into the Word doc, only the first page displays.

In the past, I've created separate PDFs of each page of the multiple page
PDF and imported them into the Word doc in sequence. I'm trying to see if
there might be a better workflow for this.

Jeremy, I cc'd you on this because I'm wondering if MIF2Go might be an
option. I know it does wonders rendering RTFs of Frame files; I'm wondering
if there is a way to use it to produce accurate RTFs from PDFs. I've got
Acrobat 9 Standard and when I use it to create an RTF of one of these files,
the result is not pretty. The result can be cleaned up, but it will just
take to long per page to clean it up. It would be faster to just import each
PDF page separately.

Another benefit to importing RTF's is that my footers would stay accurate.
(That is, I'll keep my page x of y and so forth).

I know there are other PDF converters out there, maybe that's the route I
should pursue.

J. Paul Kent