Ken, you might want to educate your Marketing folks about what it takes to
change docs when they do something like that.  Tell them you need at least
two weeks to make the changes and that the docs will not go out on schedule
if they wait too long.

Just an FYI, you can change a text string to a variable in FM by selecting
"By Pasting" in the Replace field.

1. Copy the text string into the search field.
2. Create the variable and replace one instance of the text string on the
body page.
3. Copy and paste the variable into the Replace field
4. Click Replace All, or replace the strings individually.

Caveat:  The "By Pasting" function does not use the font in the text string
being replaced when replacing a text string with a variable. It uses
whatever font the variable had that you copied into the Replace field.  For
example, if the string you copied into the field is in body text, and FM
finds the sting in a heading, it will replace the string in the heading with
the variable in body text font.  All you have to do to fix it, however, is
highlight the heading and press F8 (default font).

---
A few years ago, I was working for a startup that changed the company name
two weeks before a major product release.  Yeah, the company name.  And of
course, it was everywhere in the docs.  It was simple for Engineering to
change the varaable in the GUI software, but I scrambled madly to retake
dozens of screenshots and replace them in the docs.  The solution for that,
as you probably know, is to crop the banner off the top of the screenshots
if the company will let you do that.

Fortunately, I had used variables for all names in the manual.  A little
more work, but usually well worth the time spent. It also makes it a lot
easier to reuse the manual or parts of it for single sourcing.

HTH

Diane Gaskill
Hitachi Data Systems