From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Spectrum Writing
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:07 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com; Free Framers
Subject: Printing to PS and distilling to PDF question

All,

FM9 (all patched), Win7/64 bit system, Adobe Acrobat Pro 9. Several months
ago, after upgrading to all the listed hardware/software, I started having
issues with printing to PS and distilling the PS files to PDF using very
staid, well-established files that had never given me issue before. I was
receiving that contradictory message about "Rely on system fonts only; do
not use document fonts" when I hadn't changed one thing about the fonts that
I use in the documents (Arial and TNR only!) or what fonts were installed on
my system (these two fonts are indeed installed.)

Long story short - after some guidance from several off list and on list
replies, I actually went and did this: Start > Device and Printers and on
the Adobe PDF Printer, right-clicked, selected Printer Properties, and under
Preferences, cleared the Rely on system fonts only; do not use document
fonts option.  That seemed to do the trick and I even double-checked that
this option was still cleared before using Standard or High Quality job
options to print to PS.

After the latest rounds of updates from Adobe, however, this preference is
NOT staying cleared for the Adobe PDF printer. I have to clear it each and
every time before I print to PS. That is absolutely the only thing that has
changed in relation to my documents or installed fonts on my system - the
documents don't use different fonts and I haven't uninstalled these two
fonts from my system.

I was just wondering if anyone else had to mess with this setting for FM9
/Acrobat Pro 9 and if so, had you seen this issue? (As explained to me, I am
having to mess with this setting for the first time ever in  my  history
using FM and printing to PS because of how FM 9/distiller 9 have changed
their font handling -something about the fonts being in the font stream now
or . . .l can't honestly say that I fully understand the surrounding issue,
and am just wondering if others have seen it as well - it just makes no
sense to me.)

Thanks,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening