From: Fred Ridder [mailto:docu...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:17 PM
To: Christiane Crety (CC); framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: First referenced graphic in pdf turns gray

Christiane Crety wrote:

> FM 8.0p277 on Windows XP.
>
> Strange error when generating a pdf file from an FM book:
>
> The first referenced graphic in the book becomes gray (like unresolved
> graphics references) in the pdf, but not in FM.
>
> It has nothing to do with the graphic itself. I can move the graphic
> after the other graphics and it looks fine. I can put another graphic
in
> the first anchored frame, and the same problem occurs: it appears as a
> gray box in the pdf. I can delete the first anchored frame and the new
> first graphic turns gray. It is always the first referenced graphic in
> the pdf that turns gray.

In order to provide meaningful suggestions, we need to know more
details, including:
Do you have the full version of Acrobat or do you have only the
Distiller bundled with FrameMaker? What version of Distiller and/or
Acrobat are you using?
What printer driver are you using? The "Adobe PDF" virtual printer that
gets installed in the FrameMaker install?
What method are you using to generate the PDF? Save As PDF? Print to
"Adobe PDF" virtual printer? Print to PostScript file then distill to
PDF?
-Fred Ridder