Ah. I did not realize it was saved in the document itself.

Thx,

Nadine

On 29/04/2010 5:33 PM, Scott Prentice wrote:
Hi Nadine...

Regarding the document magnification issue .. this is the situation for all XML in FrameMaker. The magnification (as well as other document settings) are not saved in the XML, and are reapplied from the template each time you open a file. You can open the template file and set the magnification as you like, then save it .. and that will be what you get.

I've got a plugin called RestoreWindows that does this for you automatically (although it's not been updated for FM9 yet) ..

   http://www.leximation.com/tools/info/restorewindows.php

Also, West Street Consulting has a plugin called Structure Tools that includes this same feature ..

   http://www.weststreetconsulting.com/WSC_StructureTools.htm

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.
www.leximation.com
+1.415.485.1892

Writer wrote:
I've noticed the same issue when I save a file. Usually, it's when I save the first time after opening FM9 (especially DITA XML files). Even if it is only a small file.

I agree that the icons on the Paragraph Designer don't map to their actual meaning. But I've started to become used to them

Other issues that bother me are that FM9 doesn't remember the last magnification value for DITA XML files, and it opens dialog boxes when I open a DITA XML file that I had closed previously.

Nadine