From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Jakob Fix
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 1:01 PM
To: Framers List
Subject: Re: find all xrefs for an ID in FrameMaker?

Bill, Matt,

good idea, the index of markers. I very rarely use them, so I
completely forgot about them. I'll try that for starters. The need is
indeed to find all cross references for a given element.

I must admit my reference for this stems from Oxygen XML's behaviour
where you execute an Xpath query for a document and it then shows,
across the bottom of the screen, a list of all found elements which
are clickable and lead you to the item in the document.

In the "Structured Authoring" workspace (on of the default ones), at
the bottom of the screen of FrameMaker 9, there is a panel called
"Cross References" which lists the xrefs for the current document or
any other that you choose and that's open. It closely resembles what
I've encountered in Oxygen XML, but it's not easily possible to
restrict its display to those xrefs that point to a given element.

I may indeed post this to the wish list for a future version as
suggested by Matt.

cheers,
Jakob.

[did I say we're using FrameMaker 9, structured mode?]

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/rick%40rickquatro.com