On 30/06/2010 4:31 PM, Carol J. Elkins wrote:
I use a programmable keyboard to whiz through repetitive tasks (some of
you may use a macro recorder to accomplish the same thing). Prior to the
new Pod interface in Frame 9, I had no trouble using keystrokes to
navigate to specific fields in a window. Frame made this easy by
assigning Alt-code shortcuts. The new pod interface leaves me frustrated
and helpless. For example, in the Cross-reference Pod, I can find no way
to navigate to the Paragraph Tag or Paragraph Number field so that I can
select something from either list. The only fields that have Alt-code
shortcuts are Document, Go to Source, Format, Edit Format, and Convert
to Text.

Do any of you who routinely work deep in Frame's bowels know if there is
a list of field-specific keyboard shortcuts? (Note that I am not asking
about ESC-sequence shortcuts as were recently discussed on this list.) I
hate this loss in functionality by "upgrading" to a newer product.

Hi Carol,

In most (all?) dialog boxes, the Tab key will move sequentially from GUI object to object. I just tried it in the xref pod and it works. However, your macro may be complicated by what the pod remembers from one use to the next -- not sure about that.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator