On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 08:29:19 +0300, Avraham Makeler
<amake...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Rick Quattro's Table Cleaner plugin

An excellent tool, as many have said.

>Thought I would sleep on this before responding... well here goes...

You need more sleep.  ;-)

>$60 for just o-n-e utility...? $60 is the price of many complete
>applications -- ok not an MS app or an Adobe app, but an app. I have written
>a number of complete Word VBA programs and until now it never occured to me
>to ask more than about $20. Oh well ... Supply & Demand... if it sells... it
>sells...

I'll just add one more kick to this very dead horse, from
the perspective of a toolmaker.  Frame plugins like Rick
makes are not trivial.  They require a very experienced
C/C++ programmer who knows *all* the nasty little bits of
the FDK that are undocumented, as well as the massive part
that is documented.  Development time for this is not short.
And market size is around 1% of that for a Word plugin.

OTOH, a VBA Word macro can be written by script kiddies
in a few minutes.

A price of $60 for a Frame plugin is very, very low.

A price of $20 for a Word macro, euphemistically called
a "program", sounds kinda high.  ;-)  Most are free.

  <jer...@omsys.com>  http://www.omsys.com/