Hi Anthony,

You can do this with pdfmark statements embedded in your FrameMaker
documents. The easiest way to automate this process is with TimeSavers and
the optional Multimedia Assistant. See http://www.microtype.com for details.
This is excellent software and will save you a ton of time if you have a lot
of sounds to embed.

If you want more details on what is possible, please contact me offlist and
I will try to help you. Please let me know if you have any questions or
comments. Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
r...@frameexpert.com

*** Frame Automation blog at http://frameautomation.com

Hi everybody,

I have a Frame document which will eventually be saved as a PDF using
Acrobat 9 Pro.  What I want to achieve is embedded sound files (I believe
acrobat will now only handle mp3, so I have those) with an icon
representation that, when clicked, will play the sound file.

I have tried embedding the files into the Frame doc, and the PDF doesn't
play them.  I have tried embedding them in the PDF, which works, but when I
click the icon an mp3 file icon appears over the top of it.  This is a grey
box with very small stop, play and pause buttons and a 'file progress play
line'.  This remains visible after the file has played, and would mean
little to any of my readers.

Does anybody have a solution, preferably in Frame, but otherwise in the PDF
that will allow me to embed a sound file that plays when an icon is clicked?

Multitudinous thanks in advance,
Ant