And speaking as a 40-mumbley-aged person, the contrast of the black text on
the grey interface sucks, even with my reading glasses. I hate playing with
all the pods that fly about. I don't like the focus changing unexpectedly, I
just dislike having to pay so much attention to my interface, as it takes
away from authoring effort and breaks my concentration.

In general, I really dislike the new interface. It doesn't look like a
Windows app and it's hard to use.

sharon

Sharon Burton
Content Consultant
www.anthrobytes.com
951-369-8590
IM: sharonvbur...@yahoo.com
Twitter: sharonburton
Blog:anthrobytes.wordpress.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sharonvburton

Darren Butler wrote:

> Why Adobe would want to emulate Microsoft is beyond me. What's next, a
> dancing paper clip?
>
> We actually purchased 9.0 then down-graded (yes, you can do that) to
> FM8. High volume shop, NO time for an (un)learning curve.
>
> Are there any menu-to-ribbon road maps that one might recommend?
> Eventually, a CMS upgrade will force us to go the FM9.

[snip]

Their intent was to emulate other *Adobe* apps with floating toolbars and
dockable dialogs. Over the years, Adobe had made only small changes to the
original circa 1990 user interface that they bought from Frame Technologies
in 1995, and many people had complained that the UI didn't look sufficiently
Adobe-like. The fact that FrameMaker 9.0 has a UI that looks and acts
similarly to Adobe's flagship apps should be a great benefit to the
minuscule handful of new users who come to FrameMaker from tools like
Photoshop or Illustrator or InDesign, but its value to experienced
FrameMaker users is (at best) debatable.
-Fred Ridder
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/sharon%40anthrobytes.com