On 01/09/2010 3:08 PM, Alison Craig wrote:
FM 9 Version: 9.0p255 Unstructured OS: XP Pro with SP3 FM Experience:
15 months Writing Team: 1 (me)

I've been through the FM 9 manual and Scriptorium's Unstructured
Frame 8 and all I can find is a mention that what I want is possible
- but no instructions on how to do it.

I need to create a new Master Page setup for a document (not a Book).
I want a first page that is different as I need to use the footer for
contact info, copyright statement, release date, etc,. The rest of
the document should use the standard right/left layout with page
numbers (beginning on page 2) and always ending with an even numbered
page.

The document itself is very straightforward, with a header and footer
and single flow body.

I have a basic Right/Left setup complete, but now I need to figure
out how to create that special first page and have my (unused) Body
view show 2 pages. So far, no luck. As this will become a much used
format - replacing a whole host of small MS Word docs - I need to get
this figured out. Any help would be appreciated.

Alison

1.  View > Master Pages.
2.  Special > Add Master Page.
3.  Name your new page "First" or similar.
4. If your new master will share some characteristics (margins, size & location of header/footer frames, etc.) with your Left or Right pages, then Copy from one of them; otherwise choose Empty. 5. Modify the new master page to suit your purpose; don't add a page number variable. 6. Format > Customize Layout > Master Page Usage: select your new Custom master page and apply it to page 1. 7. Format > Page Layout > Pagination: choose Double Sided and Before Saving & Printing, Make Page Count Even.

I don't understand your phrase, "(unused) Body view show 2 pages"...

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator