I haven't had to do this myself in 9, but I remember that people are
using Acrobat Pro to set the colors; no plug-ins required.

If I were you, and you wanted the complete scoop, I'd post for details
in the Adobe FM user-to-user forum. Arnis, the group moderator, is an
expert in print prep and getting 9 to work acceptably. There are also
several similar threads in the archives.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell
               art.campb...@gmail.com