Flato, Gillian wrote:

> Have any of you EVER been able to get Acrobat shared review feature to
> work?
>
> Every time I get to the screen entitled, "Decide How to Send the PDF
> File," I select my shared file, (which I make sure has permissions set
> to Everyone and is on a network drive) and then click Next. I always
> get the error message, "The file destination provided is not valid.
> Enter a valid file location."
>
> I've tried it with a local drive in a publically shared folder with
> permissions set to Everyone. Same error message. Also tried repairing
> Acrobat. No help, same error message. Does it even work at all? Has
> anyone ever had it to work or is it totally bogus?

What version of Acrobat are you using? The last time I looked at shared
(server-based) reviews, it required a special Acrobat server application (I
think this was Acrobat 7; maybe 8). With Acro 9, that no longer seems to be
necessary, but I'm OK with emailing comment-enabled PDFs to my few reviewers (I
don't really need them to see each others' comments).

In Acro 9, there's supposed to be a wizard to help you set this up. Knowing
Adobe, the problem may be that they're not clear in explaining/describing what
you need to do. But take a look at this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Standard/WS53DFBF0D-427E-46d1-829C-BBAED285F67D.w.html

And the topics that follow, like this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Standard/WSB7237F9D-E90A-4c6b-8C0D-58C7B2063B1D.w.html

It sure sounds like all you need is a network folder. But it's not clear if the
PDF you want to share should be in that network folder as you step through the
process or not.

Of course, if you're using an older version of Acrobat...

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom