Yes, I do have comments.

Yes, Reader X and Acrobat X can co-reside on the same system and do have a
rudimentary
means of allowing switching back and forth.

Personally, I would strongly NOT recommend this type of configuration EXCEPT
for end-users
who love to open e-mail attachments from unknown senders offering them 50-50
splits on
unclaimed millions of dollars from a disgraced ex-oil minister from Nigeria.

Reader X does have a "Protected Mode" of operation which protects users from
side affect
problems associated with malicious attacks caused by purposely hacked PDF
files. This
"Protected Mode" of operation is currently not implemented in Acrobat itself
(this is NOT
an announcement or statement of intent one way or the other).

What you "pay" for having concurrent Reader and Acrobat installation is:

(1)     Performance hits, most often small but could be noticeable, when
processing a PDF
file with Reader X with "Protected Mode" enabled.

(2)     The inconvenience of having to frequently reset the preferences as to
which of
Reader or Acrobat "owns" the .PDF suffix or the pain in the tuchas of having to
open
PDF files by explicitly running Acrobat and then opening the file in question.
Obviously
there are quite a few functions that Reader cannot perform that you will need
Acrobat for.

If you have reliable anti-virus software installed on your system that updates
its
definitions on a very regular basis and you enable scanning of e-mail
attachments by
that anti-virus software, the "Protected Mode" or Reader X probably offers you
relatively
little extra protection.

Per previous threads on this topic, Reader doesn't really provide any benefits
for
purposes of "testing" a generated PDF file in a customer's environment given
that you
have the same exact fonts visible in Reader as you do in Acrobat.

Bottom line is that if you are paranoid and can exercise the discipline of
switching
back and forth between Reader X and Acrobat X as necessary to get your work
done,
go for it! Otherwise, I would recommend prudent system management of files and
use
of Acrobat only.

        - Dov