Also consider whether your audience will be viewing the PDF on a Windows, Mac,
Linux, or UNIX machine, because the zoom level to match monitor pixels will
vary based on the system DPI setting (and possibly the PDF viewer).

Since we couldn't provide a consistently optimal viewing experience for users
across platforms, we decided to use 150 DPI because that provides good print
output (as a factor of most printer DPI capabilities).

Shane Taylor