From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Nina Rogers
Sent: 30 March 2011 16:02
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Creating hyperlink to PDF

I am trying to create a hyperlink to a PDF. Basically, when the user
clicks the link, I want a separate PDF file to open. I'm working in
FrameMaker 7, but the finished document will be published as a PDF.

I am using Scriptorium's FrameMaker 7 guide, which I consider my FM
bible and has always been very helpful. I can only assume that I'm being
especially dense this morning because I'm not understanding how to
create this link. It seems like I've done this before, and it wasn't
that difficult ... but it's been a while. (And my memory is fuzzy.)

The PDF I want to link is located in a folder on our network, not on a
website; otherwise, I'd use the Go to URL command from Special >
Hypertext.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Nina Rogers, Technical Writer

Federal Tax Development, Drake Software

(828) 524-8020 x4204

nina.rog...@drakesoftware.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION protected by federal and/or state law and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) designated
as recipient(s). The information contained within this e-mail should not
be construed as tax advice. If you are not an intended recipient of the
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. Disclosure to anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by
phone at (828) 524-2922 or by e-mail at secur...@dnet.net
<mailto:secur...@dnet.net>  and then permanently delete the original and
any copy of this e-mail (including any attachments) and destroy any
printout thereof.

Disclaimer    http://www.watkiss.com/terms.htm
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely that of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Watkiss Automation Ltd.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you received this email in error please notify Watkiss Automation Ltd on
telephone +44 1767 685700.