Other than developing this system yourself, the only off-the-shelf system I know of that does this is Adobe's AIR Help. Flare does offer a "WebHelp AIR" output option .. not sure if they have hooked up the auto-update functionality though (I'm thinking not .. but it might be possible to hack it to work).

RoboHelp's AIR Help offers this functionality out of the box, and you can also home brew it by developing your own custom AIR Help. For more info on this ..

http://leximation.com/airhelp/

Cheers,

...scott

Jon Harvey wrote:

Hi All,

Does anyone know what is involved with creating Help that is available to a user when they are offline but is automatically updated (or notifies the user that updates are available) when the user is online? We’re using Flare in a Windows environment.

//Jon Harvey//

//Manager, Desktop & Enterprise Documentation//

//CambridgeSoft Corporation//

//100 CambridgePark Drive//

//Cambridge////, MA 02140//

//(617) 588-9354//