On 11/05/2011 5:33 PM, Miller, Chris M wrote:
Hi all,

Can I embed a MS Excel file into FrameMaker as a link so that when I
convert it to PDF or WebHelp (via RoboHelp) the Excel file is accessible
to the reader? My research tells me “no” but figured I’d reach out to
the FM gurus of the group to double-check. ;)

You can't achieve that result with the method you propose, but you could put a hypertext marker into the FM file that would open the Excel file -- provided that it resides in a fixed location accessible to the person using the PDF.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

http://www.phoenix-geophysics.com