From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Brad Anderson
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:03 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Index Entry Formatting

Framers,

I'm trying to get an index to format entries in a special manner.   I can get a
page number to bold in a list of entries without a problem.   However, I also
want to bold the entry itself.   When I do this, I get 2 separate entries in
the index.

For example, here's my desired output:

Adams, Geoffrey 3, 5

Here's how FrameMaker formats the index:

Adams, Geoffrey 5
Adams, Geoffrey 3

My entries look as follows:

Adams, Geoffrey[Adams, Jeff]<Bold>

<Bold>Adams, Geoffrey[Adams, Jeff]</Bold><Bold>

I've tried several variations of these.  I can get the page number entry to
bold using the first method.  However, if I try to bold the entry itself, it'll
end up as 2 entries in the index from the other entries that are not bolded.
I can make the bolding with a FrameScript, just thought I'd check to see if
someone's got this to work.

Thanks,

Brad