At 16:41 +0300 11/8/11, Shmuel Wolfson wrote:

>I'd like to insert a graphic on the cover page that covers the entire page,
>then write text on top of it.
>
>I inserted the graphic on the master page, but I don't see it on the body page.
>
>Any ideas?

Should work ok. Obvious question: is the body page you are looking at the one
that uses the master page with the graphic? ;-)

>I planned on inserting the large graphic on the master page and the text in
>text boxes on the body page. Is that the right way to do this?

I'm not sure that there's a right way, but that's certainly a valid way to do
it. It all depends on how you want the text to behave, flow/not flow, etc.

Just in case I've missed something, I've just done what you suggest and it
works ok here. I used an all-black background on the master page and white text
in the text frame on the body page.

The only problem you may encounter is in printing a page that contains
edge-to-edge graphics, as many printers cannot print right to the edge of a
page. PDFs should be fine though.

--
Steve