Following on from previous discussion of FrameMaker's message client, I have
another small issue that's bothering me. I'd better prefix this with an
apology: I *know* that this problem is due to my using an ancient and obsolete
version of FrameMaker (v 7 for Mac), but if I upgrade it will be very costly
and also leave me with a Mac that won't run other software that is essential.
Also, FrameMaker 7 for Mac does everything I need.

Anyway... FrameMaker 7 for Mac seems to have an ancient version (2!?) of the
Netscape browser embedded in it in some way I've not been able to fox out. This
is launched for, for example, the online help. But, while PDFs created from
FrameMaker 7 correctly ask the platform's preferences about what browser to
invoke when a 'message URL' hypertext link is clicked, this ancient Netscape is
invoked - and falls over - if the link is tested from the source FrameMaker
document itself.

Is there any way to change FrameMaker's behavior in this respect?

And if anyone from Adobe reads this, I started with FrameMaker v 3 and
dutifully bought upgrades until you guys obsoleted the product, so thanks for
closing off the upgrade path.

--
Steve