I've always been able to use Acrobat's "Read Out Loud" feature to help me proof complex documents by having Acrobat read the PDF aloud while I read the original to check for discrepancies. Since upgrading to Acrobat 9 Pro Extended version 9.4.6 on Windows 7, I can't get the Read Out Loud feature to work. The document is fully tagged, the sound and speakers are working correctly. After activating the Read Out Loud feature (View->Read Out Loud->Activate Read Out Loud), when I select any of the options (e.g., Read This Page Only or Read to End of Document), Acrobat crashes. It doesn't matter if I'm using a PDF generated from Framemaker or one downloaded from Adobe's site.

I've read through Adobe's Help forums and can't find a solution. Has anyone had and successfully resolved this problem?:

Carol

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773