I've had similar problems with FM10. Sometimes the problem is that
objects are appearing behind other objects (usually a document window,
sometimes another pod) instead of coming to the front. Try resizing
the document window or moving it around to see if there are things
hiding behind it.

Eventually I gave up on using floating windows and pods due to the many bugs.