From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of David Artman
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:25 PM
To: Framers
Subject: Archive all imported files

[Resending because I *always* forget we're on an ancient listserv...]

Hi, all;

I'm wondering what ever happened to Bruce Foster's "Archive" tool for FM
(v8). I am hunting around Carmen Publishing, Leximation, Techknowledgecorp's
Handy FrameMaker tools page, and various other sites; and I can not seem to
find it anywhere.

We just want to open a book, click a menu item, and have it "package"
the BOOK file and all of the FM, graphics, and text insets into a new folder
or ZIP file, for purposes of archiving and "freezing" revisions (no, we
don't have a CMS--got to do it all via folder/file operations).

If Bruce's Archive isn't available anymore, what other options do we have?
Seems like FrameScript could do it (of course) but I'm not sure if that's
our simplest or most cost-effective option (i.e., we don't need "to pack a
U-Haul for a weekend trip," so to speak).

Suggestions?
David