My copy of FM10 is set to autosave every two minutes, and after two minutes
(in an altered file), the file filename.auto.fm pops up in the directory.

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Klaus Daube
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 2:04 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: FM10: Automatic save interval unreliable

Recently I had a win7-x64 crash out of the blue sky: During my work in FM
(while typing) Windows quit without any notice to a black screen - no, the
battry was'nt empty, the PC run on mains.

After the start I noticed that the last FM autosave file had a time stamp of
x.x.05 - and now it was
x.x.25 - so I lost quite an amount of work. Looking into the prefereces:
autosave interval is set to 5min.

Since it was not much creative work I could easily reconstruct these last 20
minutes before the crash.
To reconstruct 20 mins of creative work would take much more than 20mins,
because the starting point is not the same...

So I take a closer look on the time stamps during the next hour of work -
and it reveals: The interval is not 5min, it extends up to 20min!

Is this known behaviour? How to get it more regular?

Klaus Daube