I inadvertently converted my user variables to text in one of my documents. I
luckily had a another copy of the document stored elsewhere so I simply
replaced my document. Unfortunately, I am still unable to edit user variables.
It seems that this dumb change I made was to FrameMaker (version 9, p255) and
not to the actual document. I looked in the maker.ini file to see if there was
a setting I could change and revert back to its original configuration but I
didn't see anything related to variables. I also tried replacing the maker.ini
file with a backup but that didn't work either. I did find a setting for
variables in the mif2rtf.ini file , and changed it to ConvertVariables=No but
again, that didn't change anything. I then completely uninstalled FrameMaker
and reinstalled it but it is still keeping my original configuration and will
not let me edit my user variables. Does anyone know how I can reset Frame to
its original default configuration or at least get the option to edit my user
variables back?
Thanks.

Lynn Thomas | Manager, Course Development
phone & fax +1.317.715.8614 | lynn.tho...@inin.com

Interactive Intelligence
Deliberately Innovative
www.inin.com<http://www.inin.com/>