My FileTools plugin does just this. However, since it hasn't been updated for FM11 yet (or even FM8/9/10), it's not going to be of much help. I am in the process of updating this, and if you want to contact me off-list, I'll send you a development version that you can try.

    http://leximation.com/tools/info/filetools.php

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice