I have both the TCS4 and the Adobe Creative Cloud. The Cloud offers so many
features (way beyond the Master Suite) it is hard to say no (of course, that
is Adobe's hope...).

There are two program that overlap (Acrobat and Illustrator), but I would
use the Cloud versions to get as-they-are-released updates. Watch out for
installing Acrobat XI if you use LiveCycle Designer for forms--it is no
longer included with Acrobat. You can keep Acrobat X installed from the TCS
(you always have the option of not upgrading software from the Cloud).

Unfortunately, the TCS subscription is $69 per month if signing up for the
year; definitely not as good as bargain as the Cloud. I wish Adobe would
offer ALL the programs in the Cloud (but I guess Mac users would be upset
over not being able to use Frame and RoboHelp). I recommend getting the
maintenance plan for the TCS if your purchase method allows it. My plan
covers two years of updates--there will surely be 4.5 and 5 versions.

David Creamer
IDEAS Training
http://www.ideastraining.com
Adobe Authorized Instructor & Certified Expert since 1995
Authorized QuarkXPress Instructor and Certified Expert since 1988

plan for Adobe's Creative Cloud, it seems like a bargain to be able
to maintain current updates to all three of those products plus a
whole slew of others that I don't currently use. Perhaps I'm
misunderstanding what they are offering; let me know. And I'm also
concerned about gotchas that might make me wish I'd never committed
to a year-long plan that covers so many of the tools that my business
relies on. What if something goes wrong with one of them?

I'll be making my decision about this in the next week or so and
would like to hear as many of your stories and experiences as possible.