Greetings, and happy new year to everyone!

I'm using FM 8 on Win 7 x64. I have a PDF-actually, a plain old IRS form
downloaded from the IRS site. I create a new FM document,
clear out all the text frames on both the body and master page, then import the
PDF onto the master page. My intent is to complete
the form but with some custom modifications that FrameMaker happens to make
quite easily (on the body page).

It all works just fine . except for this: When I print this form from some PDF
reader-any PDF reader that I've tried-it looks great.
When I use FrameMaker to print the same form, not so great. Both on screen and
on paper, the text is all darkened, the edges of the
letters no longer smooth and crisp. It's not unusable, but it certainly does
not appear as it should.

If anyone has an idea as to what may be happening here, I'd appreciate your
help. I have to prepare a number of these forms in
various special ways.

Thank you kindly,
Elchanan