Thanks for the tips!  I'll check them out.

On 2013-02-13 12:10, Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:32:23 -0500, Jim Owens <jow...@magma.ca> wrote:

Hi, Jeremy.  I'm using SBAppLocale to compile (as recommended in the
Mif2Go Guide!), and Search is working OK in Arabic. In fact, the Arabic
is OK everywhere in the output --

The pages are all encoded with windows-1256.
You're right on top of it, then.  ;-)

except for the Related Topics button
text, and the link text in the Related Topics "Topics Found" dialog box.

Setting aside the compilation, if I just open an HTML page in a browser,
everything is in Arabic, except the text on the Related Topics button
(which is in something like Cyrillic) and the text in the Related Topics
dialog for the button (which is all question marks unless I set the
system locale to Arabic, in which case it's something like Cyrillic).
I wonder if there is a different version of the
ActiveX control for different code pages?  It
sounds like it's not using the same one as the
rest.

See if there is a <PARAM name="Font" ... >
in the instance of the control in your HTML.
MSDN has some very sketchy docs for it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms644677%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
but one of the values is the character set.
They don't say what the syntax for that is,
but I'd try 1256, CP1256, and cp-1256 to start.

There are also advisories about a "security"
"upgrade" from MS that broke this control at:

http://www.helpwaregroup.com/system/app/pages/customSearch?scope=search-ns&q=Related+Topics+ActiveX

HTH!

   <jer...@omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/

database 8006 (20130213) __________