> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:55:34 -0800
> From: Alison Craig <alison.cr...@ultrasonix.com>
> To: "framers@lists.frameusers.com" <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
> Subject: OT: FM and InDesign
>
> I don't use InDesign at all, so can someone tell me if it's possible to open
> FM9 files in InDesign?
>
> I'm hoping as they're both Adobe products, there's some kind of support.
>
> Alison

Jeremy's right, take Eliot's advice and wait without hope.

But in the meantime, you could try MIF Filter from DTP Tools
(http://www.dtptools.com/). You pay per page: buy page credits in advance, save
the FM doc as MIF, open the MIF using MIF Filter from within InDesign, and if
the result is acceptable, save as an ID document. Your account isn't charged
until you save, so you can inspect the conversion results and decide if you
want to pay for them. I guess you can test MF by installing it and running a
conversion without buying page credits, then buy the credits if you like the
output.

I've found MF to be pretty successful, but not entirely successful. Recently, I
had to work on a document I wrote in 2000, but it was sufficiently complicated
that I decided it would be simplest to work on an old Mac that ran FM7, rather
than clean up the ID doc MF produced. In other cases, the ID doc was fine. So
ymmv. I've found their online support to be excellent, normally.

Graeme Forbes