Well, that gives me a few options to choose from. Thanks so much for your help!!

Judy Bragg
Technical Writer
HYPACK, Inc.
860-635-1500

On 4/25/2013 3:32 AM, Harro de Jong wrote:
Judy Bragg

My company is soon to begin working with translation software.
Until now, my images have been filed in a chapter subfolder. Since our images
will
not be localized, I'm moving the images to a location where they can be accessed
by each language by the same path. That way, I add/change an image once and
everything updates.

The downside...I have to update the paths for all of the images in my current
English
documentation.  Redefining the path for each image (or every few images) as the
interface asks for it is proving very time-consuming and tedious.
You can use the XtraBookUtils plugin for this.

< http://www.bache.name/sgml.html>

According to this page, the plugin is for Frame 5-7, but I've got it working in
Frame 9.

This will create a list of all the image file paths in a book, you can edit the
list to reflect the new paths, then the plugin will change the paths.

tip: you can use Find/Replace to replace all the paths.
1. select the second column in the table (column heading 'new reference'), and
set  Find/Replace to Look in: Selection
2. when replacing a file path, you have to specify it as
directory//directory2//file.tif   (the / is a control character in this dialog)

Harro de Jong
Triview